Re: Question about Educational content structure

Hi Bill,

I'm unsure of what the steering committee is supposed to do with
information like this. A web developer is seeking advice on how to express
metadata about web content in schema.org. Qualified people are helping him.
I'm not immediately seeing that the OP is having issues that could be
helped by things that are in scope for Publishing @ W3C.

In some sense this illustrates our fundamental problem: There are likely
millions of publications on the web already. What is missing from the web
platform? What types of publications can't happen on the web today? Is that
because of technical limitations, or is it because the web encourages
certain business models and discourages others? If stories like this
actually result in use cases or requirements, that's valuable. But without
a clearly-identified problem that could better be solved by something in
our wheelhouse, it's hard to know what to do here.

Regards,

Dave