RE: PWP draft to be discussed on tomorrow's (Dec-11) call

From: Matt Garrish <matt.garrish@gmail.com>
Date: Mon, 11 Dec 2017 19:47:14 -0500
To: "'Florian Rivoal'" <florian@rivoal.net>
Cc: "'Ivan Herman'" <ivan@w3.org>, "'W3C Publishing Working Group'" <public-publ-wg@w3.org>
> "There must be a FOO" to "If there is no FOO, the UA must BAR", the
> BAR part is new, and getting to that is the point of using this type of phrasing.

But, like I said, the "bar" part is already present for many of the infoset properties if you read their definitions; that's why I don't think 3.2 adds a lot of value and suggest we drop it for now. We're not going to solve the properties that are missing handling before FPWD, and I didn't attempt to, but I agree they need returning to.

What I was more specifically referring to there was other instances that can be more clearly stated as authoring/user agent requirements, instead of just referring to their need passively.

Matt