PROV-ISSUE-647 (TomDN): Make prov:pariValue a subproperty of prov:entity? [PROV-DICTIONARY]

From: Provenance Working Group Issue Tracker <sysbot+tracker@w3.org>
Date: Thu, 07 Mar 2013 11:25:27 +0000
To: public-prov-wg@w3.org
PROV-ISSUE-647 (TomDN): Make prov:pariValue a subproperty of prov:entity? [PROV-DICTIONARY]

http://www.w3.org/2011/prov/track/issues/647

Raised by: Tom De Nies
On product: PROV-DICTIONARY

Came up in an off-list conversation with Tim about the PROV-O of dictionaries. It appears to be useful to make prov:pairValue a subproperty of prov:entity. This way applications could use spec-level constructs to "accidentally" "understand" part of the "brand new construct".

Nice phrasing of the rationale by Tim:
"Having prov:pairValue is a very nice subproperty for these uninterested in the alignment with qualifications, but still provides those that do care about qualifications a treat."

I see no real problems with adding this for the next release. Is this acceptable to the group or did we miss some consequences?