prov-o encoding of constraints ISSUE-612

From: Paul Groth <p.t.groth@vu.nl>
Date: Tue, 8 Jan 2013 11:50:40 +0100
To: Provenance Working Group WG <public-prov-wg@w3.org>
Hi All,

We have had two public about the encoding of constraints using owl [1],
[2]. I have created ISSUE-612 to deal with this.

We discussed this previously as a working group by saying that the owl
encoding of constraints was "an implementation" of those constraints.

However, there seems to be some expectation that this would be the case.
Are there any suggestions on how to best address this? We obviously need to
say or do something as this issue has arisen twice.

Thanks
Paul

[1]
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-prov-comments/2013Jan/0005.html
[2]
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-prov-comments/2013Jan/0000.html

P.S. Related to ISSUE-611

Dr. Paul Groth (p.t.groth@vu.nl)
http://www.few.vu.nl/~pgroth/
Assistant Professor
- Knowledge Representation & Reasoning Group |
  Artificial Intelligence Section | Department of Computer Science
- The Network Institute
VU University Amsterdam