Re: provenance links for proposed recommendations

I checked the mercurial question. The system team very clearly told me that they would not like a permanent redirect to be used toward a file in the repo. It is o.k. to do that during the development of those files, but when things become final, the content should be put onto date space to ensure long term availability.

With that, and just to be on the very safe side, can you guys tell me what URI-s I should redirect and where? Is Luc's set the one I should use?

Ivan

On Feb 21, 2013, at 12:35 , Tim Lebo <lebot@rpi.edu> wrote:

> Sent from my iPhone
>
> On Feb 21, 2013, at 12:18, Luc Moreau <l.moreau@ecs.soton.ac.uk> wrote:
>

>> Hi Ivan
>>
>> Can we redirect
>>
>> http://www.w3.org/2011/prov/provenance/prov-dm
>> http://www.w3.org/2011/prov/provenance/prov-n
>> http://www.w3.org/2011/prov/provenance/prov-o
>> http://www.w3.org/2011/prov/provenance/prov-constraints

>> https://dvcs.w3.org/hg/prov/raw-file/default/provenance/prov-dm.ttl
>> https://dvcs.w3.org/hg/prov/raw-file/default/provenance/prov-n.ttl
>> https://dvcs.w3.org/hg/prov/raw-file/default/provenance/prov-o.ttl
>> https://dvcs.w3.org/hg/prov/raw-file/default/provenance/prov-constraints.ttl
>>

>> We should do content negotiation later.

>> directory with all the provenance.
>
> As per my suggestion, I disagree.
> Does the repo remain after the group?
> If not, then my point is moot.
>
> I was trying to avoid more proliferation and keep the provenance near the thing it is describing.
>

>> Once we are happy with it, we will move
>> it permanently out of mercurial into http://www.w3.org/2011/prov/provenance land.
>
> Yes, this would be the case regardless of where it is in mercurial.
>

> Tim
>

>> Does it work for you?
>>
>> Cheers,
>> Luc
>>
>> --
>> Professor Luc Moreau
>> Electronics and Computer Science   tel:   +44 23 8059 4487
>> University of Southampton          fax:   +44 23 8059 2865
>> Southampton SO17 1BJ               email: l.moreau@ecs.soton.ac.uk
>> United Kingdom                     http://www.ecs.soton.ac.uk/~lavm

----
Home: http://www.w3.org/People/Ivan/