Re: prov-links ready for review

Hi Khalid,

Thanks for your review. Changes have been implemented and a new version
is  staged at
https://dvcs.w3.org/hg/prov/raw-file/default/links/releases/NOTE-prov-links-20130430/Overview.html

Regards,
Luc

 > Hi Luc and Tim,
 >
 > I read the Linking Across Provenance Bundles document, and here are
 > some comments that I hope will be helpful
 >
 > Best, khalid
 > ------------
 >
 > C1. In the fourth paragraph, you state that "It is the capability of
 > referring to the description of the entity, as created by the producer
 > in this specific bundle, that is of interest to us in this
 > specification." Some text that explains why you are interested in
 > doing so, may help the reader follow.

This was explained in the previous paragraph: "Instead, a consumer
wants to refer to the description as created by the producer in situ
and specialize it, allowing the consumer to add their own view on this
entity. "  Following which ... we want to be able to refer to a
description ...

 > C2. The second paragraph in Section 2 states that "Some applications
 > may want to augment the descriptions of entity e1 found in bundle b
 > with other information. They cannot add these descriptions to bundle b
 > since this would result in a different bundle." Here too, it may not
 > be clear for the reader what the problem in creating a new bundle 2.

I have added a sentence here. HOpefully, this clarifies this point.

 > C3. I think that the introduction as well as the beginning of Section
 > 2, where the concept of Mention is introduced, as a bit dry, in the
 > sense that they are not accompanied by examples that can help the
 > reader follows the argument or understand how mentionOf is used. In
 > this respect, Example 1 can be introduced earlier and used as a means
 > of motivating the need for a construct like mentionOf in the beginning
 > of Section 2.

The structure of the presentation follows that of prov-dm: definition
followed by example.

 > C4. In the second paragraph in Section 2, "found in bundle b" ->
 > "found in a bundle b". Later on in the same section, "the entity e1
 > may described" -> "the entity e1 may be described"

Done

 > C5. I found Example  2 slightly difficult to follow. In particular,
 > the reader is not taken through the first turtle excerpt, which
 > contains both the specification of the bundle obs:bundle1, and
 > provenance records specifying the provenance of such a bundle as a

I have added a brief description of the first bundle.

 > whole. In example 2, "it may useful" -> "it may be useful"

Done