Re: PROV-ISSUE-532: Data Model Section 5.7.2.3 [prov-dm]

Hi ,

I suggest the following response.

The Working Group has given careful consideration to roles in PROV. We
considered
allowing roles in all relations. A problem with such a permissive
approach is that it is not
clear who is playing the role. For instance, if a role is added to
delegation, which agent is
assuming that role: the delegate or the responsible?  For the example of
delegation, the group
suggests using the attribute "prov:type" if a subtype of the relation
needs to be specified,
e.g. contractual delegation.

For a history of the debates: see
http://www.w3.org/2011/prov/track/issues/384
For a group resolution on this matter: see:
http://www.w3.org/2011/prov/meeting/2012-06-07#resolution_2
For the final definition: see
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-prov-wg/2012Jun/0233.html

Proposed changes: none.