RE: proposed responses to public comments (deadline: Wednesday 10/10)

Hello Luc,

ISSUE-530:
Commented on in separate mail.

ISSUE-520:
I don't disagree with the response, but I think there's something missing. The response really argues why a Person etc. shouldn't *only* be an Entity, not why it should be an Agent but *not* an Entity. PROV-DM allows for things to be both an Entity and an Agent, and it isn't clear from the response why this does not apply automatically to things of type Person.

ISSUE-521:
I was not clear how this or ISSUE-503 answer the question "can activities adopt a plan?" I assume the answer is "yes", in that any wasAssociatedWith relation can include a plan. Could we add an explicit answer to this question?

ISSUE-522:
Similarly to above, I could not see an answer to whether activities could delegate. I assume the answer is "yes", and that the confusion of the reviewer comes from the fact (previously discussed in telecon) that "delegation" is not a perfect word to express what we mean, as it has the connotation of authority, which entities can have but activities don't obviously have.

ISSUE-509:
I have no strong opinion, but the response seems fine.

ISSUE-526:
The response is OK, but I wonder if an honest answer to the original question is that alternateOf is a necessarily very general relationship that, in reasoning, only tells you that there is something that the two alternates are both specializations of, and so there is some relevant connection between the provenance of the alternates. In a specific application context, alternateOf, or a subtype of it, could allow you to infer more.

ISSUE-502:
+1

thanks,
Simon

Dr Simon Miles
Senior Lecturer, Department of Informatics
Kings College London, WC2R 2LS, UK
+44 (0)20 7848 1166

Transparent Provenance Derivation for User Decisions:
http://eprints.dcs.kcl.ac.uk/1400/