Re: prov-overview for review for fpwd (ISSUE-605)

Paul,

Thanks!

small comments:

- the header 'PROV family of documents' appears twice
- in the list of documents, the first item should say (this document) instead having a circular reference
- In section 1: 'This instantiated by various serializations' -> 'This is instantiated by various serializations'
- In section 1: 'To help developers and user create valid provenance' -> 'To help developers and users to create valid provenance'
- Section 1: refers to the various blocks in the figure, but it does not say anything about 'PROV-LINKS'.
- The figure is a matter of taste, of course. But I usually look at these figures as, sort of, stacks; for me the figure suggests that the PROV-DM is based on the PROV-DC document. I would probably try to move these somehow on the left side, and leave the PROV-DM block as the base.
- The remark on Prov-O: "This is intended for the Linked Data and Semantic Web community and is useful for developers wishing to create RDFa mark-up." Did you mean 'RDF mark-up'? I do not think that a restriction on RDFa is necessary or useful here...
- I am not sure the term 'Roadmap' is the right one for the header of section 2. 'available documents'?
- In the final version would it be worth making a reference to implementations/tools? A possibility is to link to

http://www.w3.org/2001/sw/wiki/PROV

in case you guys fill this with your tools, that is:-) Alternatively, the implementation report may be used as well.

As for your questions below:

On Nov 27, 2012, at 09:51 , Paul Groth wrote:

> Dear all,

> Questions for the reviewers:
> - Can this document be released as FPWD?

Absolutely. Yes

> - If not, what are the blocking issues?
> - If yes, are there other issues to work on?

See my comments above. I do not consider them as blocking.

Ivan

> The aim is to vote on FPWD release at the teleconference on Thursday.
> Can you please confirm you can review the document ahead of the call?

I think I am late with it, I do this at the airport of San Jose, and it is still early... But I hope it is helpful nevertheless!

ivan

> Thanks,
> Paul
>
> [1] https://dvcs.w3.org/hg/prov/raw-file/default/overview/overview.html
> [2] https://www.w3.org/2011/prov/track/issues/605

> Dr. Paul Groth (p.t.groth@vu.nl)
> http://www.few.vu.nl/~pgroth/
> Assistant Professor
> - Knowledge Representation & Reasoning Group |
>   Artificial Intelligence Section | Department of Computer Science
> - The Network Institute
> VU University Amsterdam

----
Home: http://www.w3.org/People/Ivan/