Re: PROV-ISSUE-553: QNames are too restrictive as identifiers [XML Serialization]

Hi,

At the last face-to-face meeting I agreed to check with Henry Thompson about this.  I thought there was a tracked action about this but there doesn't seem to be.  In any case, I asked Henry and he said he'd try to look at it this week.

--James

On Sep 13, 2012, at 3:12 PM, Provenance Working Group Issue Tracker wrote:

> PROV-ISSUE-553: QNames are too restrictive as identifiers [XML Serialization]

> Raised by: Luc Moreau
> On product: XML Serialization
>

> The current schema uses xsd:QName for identifiers.
>
> As a result, the following identifier is not allowed:
>
>        <prov:activity prov:id="pc1:00000p1">
>            <prov:label>align_warp 1</prov:label>
>        </prov:activity>
>
> An xml schema  validator would complain with:
>
> 'pc1:00000p1' is not a valid value for 'QName'
>

> Solution: allow for prov:QualifiedName (as defined in prov-n).

Scotland, with registration number SC005336.