Re: PROV-ISSUE-423 (multipleheaders): What does it mean to receive multiple headers? [Accessing and Querying Provenance]

From: Paul Groth <p.t.groth@vu.nl>
Date: Thu, 21 Jun 2012 11:56:20 -0700
To: Tom De Nies <tom.denies@ugent.be>
Cc: Provenance Working Group <public-prov-wg@w3.org>
Hi Tom,

I agree that it we should allow it. But we need to clarify what it
means or how I should interpret the existence of these multiple link
headers.

cheers
Paul

On Thu, Jun 21, 2012 at 11:09 AM, Tom De Nies <tom.denies@ugent.be> wrote:
> I assume you mean multiple headers with the type="provenance" attribute?
>
> Personally, I don't see any reason not to allow this. If the provenance of a
> resource is asserted by various sources/algorithms/people, all of this
> provenance should be accessible with the resource. The way I see it, it is
> then up to the user to select which provenance he/she needs.
>
> just my 2 cents on this.
>
> - Tom
>

> 2012/6/21 Provenance Working Group Issue Tracker <sysbot+tracker@w3.org>
>>
>> PROV-ISSUE-423 (multipleheaders): What does it mean to receive multiple
>> headers? [Accessing and Querying Provenance]

>> Raised by: Paul Groth
>> On product: Accessing and Querying Provenance
>>
>> If you receive multiple link headers in an http response or embedded in
>> html, what does this mean? What is the semantics?

Dr. Paul Groth (p.t.groth@vu.nl)
http://www.few.vu.nl/~pgroth/
Assistant Professor
Knowledge Representation & Reasoning Group
Artificial Intelligence Section
Department of Computer Science
VU University Amsterdam