Re: PROV-ISSUE-183 (prov-dm-identifiers): identifiers in prov-dm [prov-dm]

Hi Jim,

Answers to your questions below.

On 01/05/2012 09:42 PM, Jim McCusker wrote:
> Having read some of the relevant documentation more closely, I've
> realized that my previous reading of this email was wrong, but what I
> see now simply raises new questions. Hopefully this will be clearer
> than my last email:

OK, I am answering this email, and not the previous.

> 1) What is the difference between an entity identifier and an entity
> record identifier?

We don't have a notion of 'entity record identifier' any more (we need
to check this has been consistently removed from the text).
The rationale for this  is that group felt it would be an burden on
asserters to name entity records (given that entities are already
named).

> 2) Are identifiers allowed to be used across accounts if they are URIs?

I assume you mean entity identifiers.
Not sure what you mean by across.

Yes, these identifiers can be used anywhere.
In provenance records and  in applications (independently of provenance).
> 3) If the answer to 2) is no, then how do we refer to entities that
> exist outside of provenance accounts?

I am not following you. Can you give an example of what you are trying
to get to?

Luc