Re: PROV-ISSUE-268 (two-level-ontology): Two Level Ontology? [Ontology]

I don't think I like this split much.. in provA you had to spell out
each of the involvements.. for instance

:usage a prova:Usage ;
  prova:usingActivity :activity ;
  prova:usedEntity :entity .

(and those classes/properties are not in any way related to say
prova:Generation, prov:generatingActivity and prova:generatedEntity)

while in provb we have the current structure with a prov:Involvement
hierarchy and prov:entity/prov:activity. Add the binary relationship,
and now we have 3 ways to express generation. How is this helping
interoperability?

I believe that if we do such a split, then the miniature version will
have to do only the binary relationships.

I have a stronger feeling that we should try to formalize guidance
rules which everyone not interested in OWL-RL can use - even RL users
can look at it to understand the ontology, but use the RL ontology for
their reasoning.

--
Stian Soiland-Reyes, myGrid team
School of Computer Science