Re: PROV-ISSUE-260 (TLebo): In Note section: cite prov:Provenance as better practice to annotate assertions. [prov-dm]

Hi Tim,

I see some problems with this:

- First, we (at F2F2) have moved Account (used to be called
AccountRecord) out of prov-dm. So, there is no standardized way of
creating and expressing them.
- Second, your second account does not seem to have any provenance
related term. Which means that this is totally outside prov-dm. Which
means, this is not an interoperable way of expressing annotation of
provenance: this technique become serialization specific.
- Third, assuming we really want

:prov_0 {
  :simon a prov:Human;
  :robbery prov:wasAssociatedWith :simon
}

:prov_1 {
  :simon a prov:Human;
         prov:hasAnnotation [
              a prov:Note; ex3:reputation "excellent";
              rdfs:comment "This is a kludge way to get indirection. Use prov:Provenance instead.";
         ];
}

:prov_2 {
   :simon ex3:reputation "excellent" .
}

I think it's important for annotation to be expressed in the context of
the entities where they occur. A trust rating algorithm
may find agent simon "excellent" in prov_1 but "not so good" in prov_0.
The problem is similar with annotations for graphical rendering: the
position given to an element in a given account does not
have to be the same as the position in another account.

Luc