Re: RDF named graph use case and requirement

On Mon, Sep 26, 2011 at 14:49, Graham Klyne <GK@ninebynine.org> wrote:

> That may work fine until you want to record the provenance of the provenance
> itself.  I think the two entities would necessarily have different
> provenance records, even though the stated provenance itself may be the same
> - how are wasGeneratedBy statements attached to the provenance itself?

Depends if it is part of the same provenance account or not.. I did it
like this (self-describing):

# This document is the provenance container (or is that prov:Account ?)
<> a prov:ProvenanceContainer ;
    prov:wasGeneratedBy [
        # Metadata about who generated the provenance container
        a prov:ProcessExecution, wf:ProvenanceExport ;
        prov:used :workflowRun ;
        prov:wasControlledBy :workflowEngine
    ] .

Anyone else asserting something about this provenance container will
have to refer to its URI in a different resource/graph/provenance
container.

--
Stian Soiland-Reyes, myGrid team
School of Computer Science