Re: PROV-ISSUE-89 (what-entity-attributes): How do we find the attributes of an entity? [Formal Model]

Hi Satya,

On 09/06/2011 06:26 PM, Satya Sahoo wrote:
> Hi Luc,
> To clarify a few points:
> 1. In case of the provenance ontology (formal model), there are two
> types of information resources (entities) - a class of entities (TBox
> or part of ontology schema) and individual entities (ABox or instances
> of an entity class).
>
> 2. There are two types of attributes - (a) attributes necessary for an
> information resource to have to be member of a class of entities
> (intensional definition), and (b) set of attributes associated with a
> class of entities, but they are not necessary for an information
> resource to be member of a class of entities
>
> Given the above points,
> > The conceptual model defines an entity in terms of an identifier and
> a list of attribute-value pairs.
> Does this identify an "instance" entity or "class" entity?

"instance" indeed

e.g.:  entity(e0, [ type: "File", location: "/shared/crime.txt",
creator: "Alice" ])

> >  It is indeed crucial for the asserter to identify the attributes
> that have been frozen in a given entity.
> Seems to refer to "instance" entity - for those attributes that form
> part of the intensional definition of the "class" entity.
> For example, a Toyota Corolla Car with vehicle identification number
> "1a" will have "frozen" values of "toyota" and "corolla" for
> attributes "manufacturing company" and "car model name". But, it can
> have "variable" values of "ann" or "tom" for attribute "current owner".

Using the Provenance Abstract Syntax Notation, I could assert two
entities (instances)

entity(e1,[ company: "Toyota", model: "Corolla"])

entity(e2,[ company: "Toyota", model: "Corolla", owner="tom"])

How do I know the attributes of each entity: company/model for e1
and company/model/owner for e2?

Cheers,
Luc