Re: PROV-ISSUE-64 (definition-use): definition of use [Conceptual Model]

Hi Simon,

I may not have been clear. I think that the requirement of roles to
define derivation is a stronger justification than data structure
uniformity.

You still seem not to take into account the optional nature of asserting
roles. Maybe, it's a question of presentation in the document.  But
ultimately, we are
telling people you are free not to express roles. Under the bonnet, there
will be an unspecified role. I don't understand what the problem is with
this approach, where a default value is provided.

Luc