Re: A proposal for modeling agents

From: Stephan Zednik <zednis@rpi.edu>
Date: Sun, 13 Nov 2011 08:23:45 -0700
To: "public-prov-wg@w3.org" <public-prov-wg@w3.org>

>> 1) An "agent" is a type of entity that takes an active role in an activity

+1

>> such
>> that it can be assigned some degree of responsibility for the activity taking
>> place.

+0

>> 2) Many agents can be "associatedWith" a given activity.

How does this compare to hadParticipation?

I've always thought participation would refer to only Agents, though I am not sure if that is currently the case as defined by the DM.

Also what are the thoughts on wasControlledBy as a specialization of gadParticipation?

>> 3) Subclasses of agent are "foaf:person", "foaf:organization", and "software
>> agent".

+0

I generally refrain from creating a dependency of foaf if I can avoid it.

>> 4) Agents can run activities on behalf of other agents, indicated by
>> "runOnBehalfOf".

Is this a qualifier on the participation and or control?  Or an attribute of the agent?

>> 5) Agents can be responsible for starting and ending activities, indicated as
>> "wasStartedBy" and "wasEndedBy".

Specialization of wasControlledBy, or a qualifier on the relation?

--Stephan