Re: prov-dm derivation: three proposals to vote on (deadline Wednesday midnight GMT)

On Sun, Nov 13, 2011 at 13:42, Simon Miles <simon.miles@kcl.ac.uk> wrote:

> The only thing that puzzled me was the use of 'dependedOn' in the
> inference rules. Is this just a typo? I thought dependedOn was
> replaced by wasBasedOn in your proposal? Or have I misunderstood
> something here?

I'm sorry, I confused myself.. I was thinking of hadParticipant()

http://www.w3.org/TR/prov-dm/#expression-Participation

to cover both use, control, and other influencing participation, in
addition to covering wasComplementOf() relations.

So to rephrase:

wasBasedOn(A,B) is transitive and can be inferred iff:

wasGeneratedBy(A, pe0)
hadParticipant(pe0, B)

 -or-

wasGeneratedBy(A, pe0)