Re: PROV-ISSUE-147 (Replace recipe): Change the name if "Recipe" [Data Model]

From: Stian Soiland-Reyes <soiland-reyes@cs.manchester.ac.uk>
Date: Mon, 7 Nov 2011 23:52:18 +0000
To: Luc Moreau <L.Moreau@ecs.soton.ac.uk>
Cc: Stephan Zednik <zednis@rpi.edu>, Satya Sahoo <satya.sahoo@case.edu>, "public-prov-wg@w3.org" <public-prov-wg@w3.org>
On Mon, Nov 7, 2011 at 17:20, Luc Moreau <L.Moreau@ecs.soton.ac.uk> wrote:

>> Would the workflow engine would be the agent?

> For a techie, maybe. But the the workflow script
> is an input. So not a plan.

Different granularities.

The "workflow script" is a *plan* for a specific *process execution*
like "Move files", *controlled* by an agent "Script runner".

On a different level, the "script runner" itself might also be a
*process execution*, which uses the "workflow script" as an input. In
this case the script runner is controlled by the user who started it
in the terminal, and uses the "/bin/bash" binary as a plan.

You might or might not express this in two different accounts. I don't
see any reason why it couldn't be done in the same account, except it
gets messy.

--
Stian Soiland-Reyes, myGrid team
School of Computer Science