PROV-ISSUE-140 (entity-qualifier-syntax): ASN uses different syntax for entity attributes and qualifiers

From: Provenance Working Group Issue Tracker <sysbot+tracker@w3.org>
Date: Thu, 03 Nov 2011 11:24:54 +0000
To: public-prov-wg@w3.org

PROV-ISSUE-140 (entity-qualifier-syntax): ASN uses different syntax for entity attributes and qualifiers

http://www.w3.org/2011/prov/track/issues/140

Raised by: Graham Klyne
On product:

I note that the ASN uses expressions like:

  entity(e, [attr=val, attr=val, ...])

for Entities, but:

  wasDerivedFrom(e5,e3,pe4,qualifier(channel="out"),qualifier(channel="in"))

in other contexts.  Yet it seems to me that they serve very similar purposes.  The different syntax feels a bit inconsistent to me.  Suggest:

  entity(e, qualifier(attr=val, attr=val, ...))

This is not an important issue.  If the editors choose to ignore it then I don't see it as something that should use up discussion time.