Re: PROV-ISSUE-72 (DGarijo): Uses should be renamed as used [Formal Model]

From: Simon Miles <simon.miles@kcl.ac.uk>
Date: Thu, 11 Aug 2011 16:46:04 +0100
To: Provenance Working Group WG <public-prov-wg@w3.org>
+1 for "used", for the reasons you give.

-1 for "isUsedBy". All other relations in the model link effect/later
occurrence to cause/earlier occurrence, so "isUsedBy" would be
inconsistent. This means that provenance graphs would not consistently
point back into the past of the thing we're seeing the provenance of,
and would be confusing to iteratively navigate.

Thanks,
Simon

On 11 August 2011 16:38, Provenance Working Group Issue Tracker
<sysbot+tracker@w3.org> wrote:

> PROV-ISSUE-72 (DGarijo): Uses should be renamed as used [Formal Model]

> Raised by: Daniel Garijo
> On product: Formal Model
>
> Since all the other properties are using the past tense, we should be consistens and rename uses to "used" or "isUsedBy" flipping the domain and range

Dr Simon Miles
Lecturer, Department of Informatics
Kings College London, WC2R 2LS, UK
+44 (0)20 7848 1166