From: public-prov-wg-request@w3.org
[mailto:public-prov-wg-request@w3.org] On Behalf Of Khalid Belhajjame
Sent: Thursday, August 11, 2011 10:13 AM
To: Paul Groth
Cc: public-prov-wg@w3.org
Subject: Re: updates to PAQ doc for discussion

Hi,

My main concern reading sections 1 and 3, is the use of both resource
and target entity. I understand that the idea is that a web resources
may be associated with multiple target entities, and that there is a
need to identify which target the provenance describes. However, having
to go through the two levels resource then entity is a bit confusing,
specially for a reader is not aware of the discussions that we had about
the two concepts.

Suggestion: Would it be really bad if we confine ourselves to the
provenance vocabulary and describe how the provenance of an Entity, as
opposed to a resource, can be accessed?

Other comments:

- In the definition of a resource, it said that "a resource may be
associated with multiple targets". It would be good if we could clarify
this relationship a bit more.

- I find the definition of provenance information a bit vague, the body
of the definition says pretty much the same thing as the title of the
definition. If we don't have a better idea of what can be said, it is
probably better to remove it.

In Section 3, Second paragraph, "Once provenance information
information" -> "once provenance information"

In the same paragraph: "one needs how to identify" -> "one needs to know
how to identify".

Khalid