Re: defining shortcuts and extensions

Hi Paul, all,

As a general point, these rely on the concept "is a sub-relation of".
It's clear what this means in the formal model, because RDFS contains
this concept, but it is not yet clear what it means in, or that it is
any part of, the language/conceptual model. This is part of the issue
of how the language can be extended to include domain-specific
information, which might (or might not) allow new "sub-relations" [1].

[1] http://www.w3.org/2011/prov/track/issues/65

Thanks,
Simon

On 9 August 2011 10:06, Paul Groth <p.t.groth@vu.nl> wrote:
> Hi All,
>
> I've added some shortcuts/extensions to the Provenance Model document.
>
> see
> http://dvcs.w3.org/hg/prov/raw-file/default/model/ProvenanceModel.html#shortcuts-and-extensions
>
> I attempted to define the following in terms of the existing constructs
> in the model:
>
> Quotation
> Attribution
> Summary