Re: PROV-ISSUE-65 (domain-specific-info): How is domain specific data combined with the generic model [Conceptual Model]

Hi,
In ontology engineering we have the notions of a "upper-level ontology(s)"
and "domain-specific ontology(s)". The upper-level ontology - the PIL
provenance model in our case, is extended to model domain specific details -
the royal society details described by Simon, using sub class
(rdfs:subClassOf) and sub property links (rdfs:subPropertyOf).

This allows different applications to "subscribe" to a common upper-level
ontology and add their own domain-specific details as needed without
affecting other applications.

Thanks.

Best,
Satya

p.s: We did in the context of the Provenir ontology earlier for biomedicine
and taverna [1] - see Quick Links

[1] http://wiki.knoesis.org/index.php/Provenir_Ontology