Re: POI data model

On 28/10/2010 17:46, Raj Singh wrote:
> I changed centroid to anchor and made a new section for listing types of anchors. We can worry about the extensibility mechanism later.
>
> Jens, I worry about anchors that only have 2D or 3D grid references within a building. It seems to me much harder to ensure interoperability and "linked data" without a common geographic reference. Maybe every space can at least have a geographic anchor for the enclosing building, then use a local grid reference system (x,y,z) to go from the building's anchor to the individual space.

Yes, I was thinking along the same lines but didn't want to introduce
more food for thought in my previous e-mail. A combined lat/lon/alt
starting point with an x/y/z offset seems a very useful anchor type.

> Can you post your suggestions to the wiki?

I will, I just wanted to get some initial response from the mailing list
before tearing apart the wiki with my thought process. I'll probably get
around to updating it later today or else tomorrow.

Regards,

Jens