POI data model

From: Raj Singh <rsingh@opengeospatial.org>
Date: Thu, 28 Oct 2010 11:46:00 -0400
To: "public-poiwg@w3.org W3C" <public-poiwg@w3.org>
I changed centroid to anchor and made a new section for listing types of anchors. We can worry about the extensibility mechanism later.

Jens, I worry about anchors that only have 2D or 3D grid references within a building. It seems to me much harder to ensure interoperability and "linked data" without a common geographic reference. Maybe every space can at least have a geographic anchor for the enclosing building, then use a local grid reference system (x,y,z) to go from the building's anchor to the individual space.

Can you post your suggestions to the wiki?

---
Raj
The OGC: Making location count...
http://www.opengeospatial.org/contact