Re: Extending the PEWG charter until July to get PE2 squared off and done?

On 05/01/2018 00:24, Patrick H. Lauke wrote:
> Dear all,
>
> first of all, an apology for not being around all that much over the
> last year. As some of you know, there's been some personal/family stuff
> that I've had to sort out, and it's meant a reshuffle of priorities over
> the last 12 months.
>
> However, as things are now slowly getting resolved, one of the things
> I'd like to tackle is bringing all the hard work that's been put into
> Pointer Events Level 2 so far to conclusion in a proper way.
>
> Our current charter is running out at the end of this month. How would
> WG members feel if we got an extension until July, get anything
> outstanding we want to get into Level 2 finalised, and work towards
> getting it to REC?
>
> Looking over GitHub, there are quite a few open issues, but it feels
> like the majority of them cover small edge cases, clarifications, and
> things that might possibly be handled as future/separate extensions.
>
> Anyway, just wanted to hear the group's thoughts on this.

Just to close the loop, wanted to let you know that I've now asked PLH
to go ahead and see if we can get the above-mentioned extension to July.
We'll go through the outstanding GitHub issues to triage anything that
may still need to be addressed/is in scope for a quick fix for V2, and
then - provided we can get all the test suite done - push for CR/REC.

Do group members feel we need to reestablish some actual voice call
schedule, or are we good to continue with GitHub/mailing list only?

Let me know,

Patrick
--
Patrick H. Lauke