Re: [pointerevents] Should pressure be set to 1 or .5 on devices that don't report it?

From: Mustaq Ahmed via GitHub <sysbot+gh@w3.org>
Date: Wed, 05 Oct 2016 15:16:02 +0000
To: public-pointer-events@w3.org
Correct me if I am missing something here but if I choose a 20 pixel
wide line, I don't see why a "normal" pressure should draw a 10 pixel
wide line.

Consider a physical drawing tool (e.g. a paintbrush or a [soft-tip
pen](http://www.jetpens.com/Pilot-Brush-Pen-Small-Soft-Tip-Fine/pd/2480)
 or even a paint-roller): one picks a specific width for normal usage,
 and can normally expect a wider line for a hard press. So, on a
drawing app, choosing a 10 pixel wide line and then pressing hard to
get a constant width of 20 pixel doesn't sound terrible to me for,
e.g., a soft-tip pen. Again, this is a drawing-tool defined outcome: I
 would never expect a hard-tip pen to draw a double-width line.

Here is an extreme example, reflective of my drawing expertise: have
you seen a toddler drawing very wide lines with a fine paintbrush?

--
GitHub Notification of comment by mustaqahmed
Please view or discuss this issue at