Re: [pointerevents] Should pressure be set to 1 or .5 on devices that don't report it?

From: Brenton Simpson via GitHub <sysbot+gh@w3.org>
Date: Wed, 05 Oct 2016 16:00:23 +0000
To: public-pointer-events@w3.org
This feels like it's veering a bit into app design territory.  It will
 always be up to application developers to map inputs in a way that
makes sense for their apps - that's true whether default pressure is
0, .5, or 1.

We should pick a default that makes it easy for users to switch
between {mouse, pen, touch} with a consistent experience.  .5 wasn't
my decision, but since that's pretty close to the amount of pressure I
 expect stylus users to apply in average conditions, it seems
reasonable.

Hopefully, we can design a system that does the right thing on the
pointers that developers might not think about, either by picking
reasonable defaults or by forcing them to think about all kinds of
pointers through both API design and education.  Hence, I see value in
 making the experience similar across pointers, but inventing the
algorithm for different brush types in a painting app feels a little
in-the-weeds.

--
GitHub Notification of comment by appsforartists
Please view or discuss this issue at