Pointer Events Recommendation delayed by a Formal Objection

From: Arthur Barstow <art.barstow@gmail.com>
Date: Thu, 05 Feb 2015 09:29:39 -0500
To: public-pointer-events@w3.org
Hi All,

An update on the publication of the Pointer Events Recommendation ...

The comment period ended on January 16 and the review results are
Member-confidential [1]. Of the 17 W3C Members that replied to the
proposal to publish the Recommendation, 16 supported publishing the
specification "as is" and one Member (who is also a member of the
Pointer Events Working Group) filed a Formal Objection and "suggests the
document not be published as a Recommendation" (the formal objection is
Member-confidential [FO] so I can't copy it to this list).

Sorry for the delay; I'll send an update when I know more.

-ArtB

[1] https://www.w3.org/2002/09/wbs/33280/PointerEvents-PR/results