RE: Proper use of labelledby vs describedby and definitions

>Just for my edification, can someone explain how an AT would know and convey where the definition of a term was in the following scenarios?

This is what I was referring to earlier, isn’t the below valid based on

http://www.w3.org/TR/wai-aria/states_and_properties#aria-flowto

?

<dl>

   <dt id='def-my-term'>My Term</dt>

   <dt id='def-my-other-term'>My Other Term</dt>

   <dd>A definition of both My Term and My Other Term, which are roughly synonyms.</dd>

</dl>