From:   James Nurthen <james.nurthen@oracle.com>
To:     public-pfwg@w3.org,
Date:   04/21/2014 02:33 PM
Subject:        Re: Proper use of labelledby vs describedby and
definitions

On 4/19/2014 7:20 AM, Shane McCarron wrote:
Also, when referencing a defined term elsewhere, should we also use
describedby and point back to the terms description?  E.g., <p>I have some
content where I am talking about <span class="internalDFN"
aria-describedby="someID">theterm</span> and relating it to other
things.</p>
I don't see why you would do this. Why would you introduce a description
of a term which is available only to AT users? If this is useful then it
should be available to everybody. If you decide that this is useful then a
link to the term would probably be the best way to accomplish it.

--
Regards, James

James Nurthen | Principal Engineer, Accessibility
Phone: +1 650 506 6781 | Mobile: +1 415 987 1918
Oracle Corporate Architecture
500 Oracle Parkway | Redwood City, CA 94065
Oracle is committed to developing practices and products that help protect
the environment