Re: Using aria-selected on focusable elements

I think I still don't have a good perception of it. So more questions.

> To differentiate the link leading to the current page in the main navigation
> of a website:

in what means current? Is it currently loaded page? If so what the
point to refer to the same page?

> Similarly to indicate the currently selected step in a process indication
> bar:

this one is used to indicate where the user stopped, so he can
continue to browse and when he comes back then it's easy to see where
to continue? Does that sound right? If so then should new attribute be
really restricted to focusable elements? Isn't it rather a "floating"
landmark?

> A visual indication is easy to provide in these circumstances, but
> programmatic indication is more cumbersome.

I see. I'm curious whether it shouldn't be a part of HTML spec.