RE: Using aria-selected on focusable elements

Alexander Surkov wrote:
"Can I have some real life examples of it please?"

To differentiate the link leading to the current page in the main navigation
of a website:

<ul>
</ul>

Similarly to indicate the currently selected step in a process indication
bar:

<ol>
   <li><a href="3.html" aria-current="true">Provide your phone
number</a></li>
</ol>

A visual indication is easy to provide in these circumstances, but
programmatic indication is more cumbersome. In the above situations, a
screen reader might read the link text followed by "current".

>From a UX perspective "selected" after the link text would probably be
better, but as previously noted that would lead to more confusion than it
was worth.

Léonie.