Re: Using aria-selected on focusable elements

Hi Leonie,

I think the issue is that aria-selected is used in controls such that on
some platforms it becomes part of the selection model for a widget. I think
you are looking for something more global in nature.

It almost seems like you want something beyond "widget scope". Would this
also apply to breadcrumbs? We did not do a breadcrumb role in ARIA as we
thought it could be handled by existing widgets.

If you had this type of role how would you see a user interacting with it
differently from selection?

Note: If we do this it may require platform accessibility API changes on
each platform. This will also impact ATs.

Rich

Rich Schwerdtfeger