W3C home > Mailing lists > Public > public-personalization-tf@w3.org > November 2021

MINUTES: APA Personalization Task Force Teleconference - Monday 08 Nov 2021

From: Mike Beganyi <mbeganyi@tpgi.com>
Date: Mon, 8 Nov 2021 16:14:22 +0000
To: public-personalization-tf <public-personalization-tf@w3.org>
Message-ID: <BY5PR20MB301224C090B37B3BB6A7CB19AD919@BY5PR20MB3012.namprd20.prod.outlook.com>
Hi all,

The minutes for this meeting can be found at the link below with plain text minutes afterwards.

Link: https://www.w3.org/2021/11/08-personalization-minutes.html


Plain text:

15:05] <Zakim> agendum 1 -- Approve CR draft that was sent in email -- taken up [from Lionel_Wolberger]
[15:06] == becky [~bgibson@79c2f29d.public.cloak] has joined #personalization
[15:06] <mike_beganyi> Lionel_Wolberger: important to get text correct. have people read it? any issues?
[15:06] <sharon> https://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-personalization-tf/2021Nov/att-0001/00-part

[15:06] <mike_beganyi> janina: just a little titling problem. not CR, but title announcements
[15:07] <becky> present+
[15:08] <mike_beganyi> Lionel_Wolberger: two items. one is the CR itself. and the second is the title announcements
[15:09] <mike_beganyi> janina: good to have this in advance as it could take awhile
[15:10] <mike_beganyi> janina: don't know how to get a date until we solve issue 144 with i18n. hoping we can resolve this sometime this year
[15:10] <Lionel_Wolberger> q?
[15:10] * Zakim sees no one on the speaker queue
[15:10] <Matthew_Atkinson> q+
[15:10] * Zakim sees Matthew_Atkinson on the speaker queue
[15:10] <Lionel_Wolberger> Lionel checks with Janina, are there 3 items? [1] The content itself, Module 1.0.  [2] Officially asking for CR transition [3] The CR announcement
[15:10] <mike_beganyi> janina: usually want 30 days for CR but given end-of-year we may need more
[15:12] <mike_beganyi> janina: announcements that module 1 is in CR, on w3c, twitter, etc. formal process in the w3c and is very important
[15:14] <Lionel_Wolberger>  Personalization enables users to customize the way information is presented. It is especially useful for people with cognitive and learning disabilities. For a short introduction to personalization and additional documentation you can learn more from the Personalization Overview.
[15:14] <mike_beganyi> sharon: would it be appropriate to have Shawn look at this? Janina responded with yes
[15:15] <mike_beganyi> Lionel_Wolberger: we could improve this text in the paragraph above
[15:15] <mike_beganyi> q?
[15:15] * Zakim sees Matthew_Atkinson on the speaker queue
[15:17] <Lionel_Wolberger> q+
[15:17] * Zakim sees Matthew_Atkinson, Lionel_Wolberger on the speaker queue
[15:17] <mike_beganyi> janina: no issues with it unless we want to specify the "Module 1" aspect of it
[15:17] <JF> +1 to Matthew
[15:17] <CharlesL> +1 to Matthew as well!
[15:18] <Lionel_Wolberger> Lionel frowns as he realizes Matt is correct
[15:18] * JF we might consider adding (Part 1) to the first module, which then signals there are (or will be) more parts on the way
[15:19] <mike_beganyi> Matthew_Atkinson: 3 things. one is about TPAC which we can talk about later. second thing is about particular naming of the Module 1. third is about naming and maturity levels of the modules
[15:19] <mike_beganyi> Matthew_Atkinson: we're calling it Module 1 because it's the first we worked on, but Content Module is more accurate
[15:20] <Lionel_Wolberger> q?
[15:20] * Zakim sees Matthew_Atkinson, Lionel_Wolberger on the speaker queue
[15:20] <Matthew_Atkinson> ack Matthew_Atkinson
[15:20] * Zakim sees Lionel_Wolberger on the speaker queue
[15:20] <mike_beganyi> JF: full name is Personalization Semantics Content Module 1.0
[15:21] <mike_beganyi> JF: suggesting Part 1 of the series in order to be most clear
[15:21] <CharlesL> +1 to this
[15:21] <mike_beganyi> janina: conceived as part of a larger set. convey that the explainer talks about a larger set. finding a way to communicate this clearly would be useful
[15:22] <Matthew_Atkinson> ACK the concern, but I think "a component of" is fine (if we refer to it as "part 1" it may start getting called that in the wild, which returns us to the "module 1" problem we presently have within this group).
[15:22] <Lionel_Wolberger> "We've developed a specification that will help content authors do this, where a small addition of machine-readable semantic metadata supports a range of helpful adaptations."
[15:22] <mike_beganyi> ack Lionel_Wolberger
[15:22] * Zakim sees no one on the speaker queue
[15:23] <Matthew_Atkinson> +1 to including the bit about "a small amount of machine-readable metadata..." and thanks to JF for suggesting we big that point up in the slides!
[15:23] <JF> Q+
[15:23] * Zakim sees JF on the speaker queue
[15:23] <mike_beganyi> janina: clean statement of what it does. specific enough to be informative. agree with you, Lionel
[15:25] <Matthew_Atkinson> q+
[15:25] * Zakim sees JF, Matthew_Atkinson on the speaker queue
[15:28] <Lionel_Wolberger> q?
[15:28] * Zakim sees JF, Matthew_Atkinson on the speaker queue
[15:28] <mike_beganyi> Lionel_Wolberger: slight change I would bring would be the way we refer to how we relate to COGA. the word here is "useful". we would focus on new, wider audiences. wondering if we could go in that direction
[15:28] <JF> Current: "This Personalization Semantics Content Module 1.0 is a component of the Personalization Semantics series introduced in the Personalization Semantics Explainer 1.0 document."  Proposed: "This Personalization Semantics Content Module 1.0 is intended to be Part 1 of the Personalization Semantics series introduced in the Personalization Semantics Explainer 1.0 document."
[15:29] <mike_beganyi> JF: what's the resolution about bullet one. are we going to accept the language or do I need to go back and make an edit to the draft.
[15:30] <mike_beganyi> JF: in the module there's an abstract. there, the introduction to our document, the language should synchronize with the language of something like "part one of the series". both areas should be in sync
[15:30] <janina> +1 to sync, but also to staying with "component"
[15:31] <JF> Proposed: "This Personalization Semantics Content Module 1.0 is intended to be the first part of the Personalization Semantics series introduced in the Personalization Semantics Explainer 1.0 document."
[15:31] <Lionel_Wolberger> q?
[15:31] * Zakim sees JF, Matthew_Atkinson on the speaker queue
[15:31] <Lionel_Wolberger> ack JF
[15:31] * Zakim sees Matthew_Atkinson on the speaker queue
[15:31] <JF> ack me
[15:31] * Zakim sees Matthew_Atkinson on the speaker queue
[15:31] <Lionel_Wolberger> ack Matthew_Atkinson
[15:31] * Zakim sees no one on the speaker queue
[15:31] <Lionel_Wolberger> q+
[15:31] * Zakim sees Lionel_Wolberger on the speaker queue
[15:31] <Lionel_Wolberger> q?
[15:31] * Zakim sees Lionel_Wolberger on the speaker queue
[15:31] <mike_beganyi> Matthew_Atkinson: "component" is fine. keep names succinct. keep the language short but just call them what they are
[15:32] <Lionel_Wolberger> ack LisaSeemanKest_
[15:32] * Zakim sees Lionel_Wolberger on the speaker queue
[15:32] <Lionel_Wolberger> q?
[15:32] * Zakim sees Lionel_Wolberger on the speaker queue
[15:32] <mike_beganyi> Lionel_Wolberger: agree with Matthew
[15:32] <Lionel_Wolberger> ack Lionel_Wolberger
[15:32] * Zakim sees no one on the speaker queue
[15:32] <mike_beganyi> LisaSeemanKest_: would like to ensure we get to what happened at the meeting
[15:32] <JF> Proposed: "This Personalization Semantics Content Module 1.0 is intended to be the first part of the Personalization Semantics series introduced in the Personalization Semantics Explainer 1.0 document."
[15:33] <Lionel_Wolberger> q?
[15:33] * Zakim sees no one on the speaker queue
[15:33] <mike_beganyi> Lionel_Wolberger: JF's proposal above
[15:34] <mike_beganyi> janina: I still feel more comfortable with "component". as far as "series", qualifying "projected" series because we don't know what the final result will be. the explainer ought to have a wider scope.
[15:34] <JF> +1 to deferring the wordsmithing
[15:34] <Lionel_Wolberger> +1 to wordsmithing on email
[15:35] <Lionel_Wolberger> agenda+ Report on the COGA presentation
[15:35] * Zakim notes agendum 4 added
[15:35] <Lionel_Wolberger> agenda?
[15:35] * Zakim sees 4 items remaining on the agenda:
[15:35] * Zakim 1. Approve CR draft that was sent in email [from Lionel_Wolberger]
[15:35] * Zakim 2. Follow-up on i18n issue #144 actions i18n issue #144 actions [from Lionel_Wolberger]
[15:35] * Zakim 3. Modules 2.0 issues review and next steps for Help and Support Module [from Lionel_Wolberger]
[15:36] * Zakim 4. Report on the COGA presentation [from Lionel_Wolberger]
[15:36] <mike_beganyi> zakim, take up item 4
[15:36] <Zakim> agendum 4 -- Report on the COGA presentation -- taken up [from Lionel_Wolberger]
[15:36] <Matthew_Atkinson> Post to our list summarising the COGA call from my perspective: https://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-personalization-tf/2021Nov/0002.html (ACK and thanks for JF's replies)
[15:39] <mike_beganyi> Matthew_Atkinson: presentation went well. topic about resize text and things like that. I agreed. anticipate the extensions/user agents that do the adaptations will be designed with specific users in mind.
[15:40] <mike_beganyi> Matthew_Atkinson: overall, it was great. thanks for all your help, Lisa. they need concrete examples to discuss which I know we're working on. should maybe invite EA and anyone else to comment. so much useful information discussed in the call. a lot of enthusiasm and experience. they are very happy to help.
[15:40] <mike_beganyi> Matthew_Atkinson: would be nice to attend other COGA meeting to learn more and continue building bridges
[15:41] <Matthew_Atkinson> (The minutes of the COGA call are linked from the post above.)
[15:43] <mike_beganyi> LisaSeemanKest_: I would add that there were concrete questions. lots of discussion around symbol sets. lots of discussion from the AT perspective. how does the AT need to do it. how will it get rendered to the user. may also want to collect advice for AT.
[15:44] <janina> q+
[15:44] * Zakim sees janina on the speaker queue
[15:44] <Lionel_Wolberger> q?
[15:44] * Zakim sees janina on the speaker queue
[15:44] <mike_beganyi> LisaSeemanKest_: where to put the symbols, allow the user to choose the symbol set and override the symbol set, etc. isn't necessarily a thought for others to add to their extension. important to capture some guidance for AT
[15:44] <JF> Q+ to note that this kind of advice should probably be in a Note
[15:44] * Zakim sees janina, JF on the speaker queue
[15:44] <Lionel_Wolberger> q+
[15:44] * Zakim sees janina, JF, Lionel_Wolberger on the speaker queue
[15:44] <JF> ack ja
[15:44] * Zakim sees JF, Lionel_Wolberger on the speaker queue
[15:45] <mike_beganyi> janina: types of questions that come up when starting to implement. learn the issues that are lurking that need to be resolved. generally around CR needs to be proved that it's implementable.
[15:45] <mike_beganyi> janina: CR stage that we're just on the verge of.
[15:45] <Lionel_Wolberger> q?
[15:45] * Zakim sees JF, Lionel_Wolberger on the speaker queue
[15:46] <mike_beganyi> ack JF
[15:46] <Zakim> JF, you wanted to note that this kind of advice should probably be in a Note
[15:46] * Zakim sees Lionel_Wolberger on the speaker queue
[15:47] <CharlesL> agenda?
[15:47] * Zakim sees 4 items remaining on the agenda:
[15:47] * Zakim 1. Approve CR draft that was sent in email [from Lionel_Wolberger]
[15:47] * Zakim 2. Follow-up on i18n issue #144 actions i18n issue #144 actions [from Lionel_Wolberger]
[15:47] * Zakim 3. Modules 2.0 issues review and next steps for Help and Support Module [from Lionel_Wolberger]
[15:47] * Zakim 4. Report on the COGA presentation [from Lionel_Wolberger]
[15:47] <mike_beganyi> JF: this sounds like UAAG. useful to author that kind of suggestion/guidance. would like to see that as a separate document. would be a w3c note. in favour of working on this document,. is this something for us or COGA to work on
[15:47] <Lionel_Wolberger> ack Lionel_Wolberger
[15:47] * Zakim sees no one on the speaker queue
[15:48] <Matthew_Atkinson> q+
[15:48] * Zakim sees Matthew_Atkinson on the speaker queue
[15:48] <mike_beganyi> Lionel_Wolberger: actively looking for implementations, got positive response from TD Bank in Toronto and connecting with Scotiabank. Please knock on doors to seek implementation
[15:49] <mike_beganyi> LisaSeemanKest_: people we need to speak to are influencers in AT
[15:49] <mike_beganyi> janina: a bit afraid to do this at the moment
[15:49] <mike_beganyi> Lionel_Wolberger: I agree, and am hesitant
[15:50] <mike_beganyi> LisaSeemanKest_: might be Microsoft. they are doing something similar in a learning platform. they know about this work. we could reach out.
[15:50] <mike_beganyi> janina: I think we need a CR spec before we can get that happening. wanna be in CR to be pushing that.
[15:51] <CharlesL> MS product called Immersive Reader
[15:51] <mike_beganyi> janina: talking to MS is a good idea. let's get our spec into CR and then contact them
[15:52] <JF> +1  not every tool will support *ALL* of the proposed attributes in our specification
[15:52] <Lionel_Wolberger> q?
[15:52] * Zakim sees Matthew_Atkinson on the speaker queue
[15:52] <mike_beganyi> LisaSeemanKest_: will get a name at MS later
[15:54] <JF> Q+
[15:54] * Zakim sees Matthew_Atkinson, JF on the speaker queue
[15:54] <mike_beganyi> ack Matthew_Atkinson
[15:54] * Zakim sees JF on the speaker queue
[15:54] <Lionel_Wolberger> q?
[15:54] * Zakim sees JF on the speaker queue
[15:54] <mike_beganyi> Matthew_Atkinson: ease of authoring issue ties in with the future of accessibility nicely. dealing with API issue, relevant background.
[15:56] <Lionel_Wolberger> q?
[15:56] * Zakim sees JF on the speaker queue
[15:56] <CharlesL> q+
[15:56] * Zakim sees JF, CharlesL on the speaker queue
[15:57] <Matthew_Atkinson> TPAC discussion (two-part) on the future of accessibility APIs. Part 1: https://www.w3.org/2021/10/26-apa-minutes.html Part 2: https://www.w3.org/2021/10/27-apa-minutes.html

[15:58] <mike_beganyi> JF: one step towards ease of authoring would be to get WYSIWYG editor to start supporting our attributes.
[15:58] <mike_beganyi> ack JF
[15:58] * Zakim sees CharlesL on the speaker queue
[15:58] <mike_beganyi> ack CharlesL
[15:58] * Zakim sees no one on the speaker queue
[15:58] <mike_beganyi> CharlesL: still waiting for Hebrew translation so I can make the EPUB
[15:59] <LisaSeemanKest_> need to drop. thanks guys!
[16:00] <Lionel_Wolberger> q?
[16:00] * Zakim sees no one on the speaker queue
[16:01] <mike_beganyi> Lionel_Wolberger: we'll tackle that next week. Janina will get the draft to Steve. Charles will get the EPUB after Lionel gets the Hebrew in 2 days
[16:01] <mike_beganyi> janina: meeting with Steve tomorrow. can anyone join? Lionel can
[16:02] <becky> rrsagent, make minutes
[16:02] <RRSAgent> I have made the request to generate https://www.w3.org/2021/11/08-personalization-minutes.html becky

From: Lionel Wolberger <lionel@userway.org>
Sent: Sunday, November 7, 2021 11:20 PM
To: Sharon D Snider <snidersd@us.ibm.com>; public-personalization-tf <public-personalization-tf@w3.org>
Cc: Janina Sajka <janina@rednote.net>
Subject: Re: APA Personalization Task Force Teleconference - Monday 08 Nov 2021

CAUTION: This email originated outside Vispero. Do not click links, open attachments or forward unless you recognize the sender.


Hi all,

Monday's call agenda is:
· Approve CR draft that was sent in email
· Follow-up on i18n issue #144 actions <https://github.com/w3c/personalization-semantics/issues/144> i18n issue #144<https://github.com/w3c/personalization-semantics/issues/144> actions
· Modules 2.0 issues<https://github.com/w3c/personalization-semantics/issues?q=is%3Aopen+is%3Aissue+label%3A%222%29+help+module%22> review and next steps for Help and Support Module<https://w3c.github.io/personalization-semantics/help/index.html>

Let me know if there are other items you would like to add.

The  teleconference information can be found at call info - personalization<https://www.w3.org/2017/08/telecon-info_personalization>

Time-- new times since Sunday, check your clock.
· 10 am Eastern time
·  5 pm IS
·  3 pm UK time

IRC access

An IRC (Internet Relay Chat) channel will be available during the call at: http://irc.w3.org/?channels=personalization


The server is  irc.w3.org<http://irc.w3.org/>

The port number is 6665

The channel is #personalization

You can write any name as a nickname

Resources and useful links
· Wiki<https://www.w3.org/WAI/ARIA/task-forces/personalization/wiki/>; - this page has links to all out work
· mailing list archives<http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-personalization-tf/>
· Personalization Semantics 1.0<https://www.w3.org/TR/personalization-semantics-1.0/> (Personalization Semantics 1.0 Editors' Draft<https://w3c.github.io/personalization-semantics/>). See also the Personalization Semantics Task Force GitHub repository<https://github.com/w3c/personalization-semantics/>.
· our home page
· Web-Based Surveys (WBS)<https://www.w3.org/2002/09/wbs/101569/>;
· personalization-semantics source repository issue tracker<https://github.com/w3c/personalization-semantics/issues>.
· Scribing and Participation Tips: http://www.w3.org/WAI/PF/wiki/Teleconference_cheat_sheet

· Demo: https://github.com/ayelet-seeman/coga.personalisation and  https://rawgit.com/ayelet-seeman/coga.personalisation/demo/conactUs.html

Thanks to our co-facilitator Sharon,

Lionel

[Image removed by sender.]

Lionel Wolberger
COO, UserWay Inc.
lionel@userway.org<mailto:lionel@userway.org>
UserWay.org<http://userway.org/>
[Image removed by sender. text]


On Sat, Oct 30, 2021 at 12:38 AM Sharon D Snider <snidersd@us.ibm.com<mailto:snidersd@us.ibm.com>> wrote:

Hi all,

Monday's call agenda is:

  *   TPAC feedback and lessons learned
  *   Follow-up on i18n issue #144 actions <https://github.com/w3c/personalization-semantics/issues/144> i18n issue #144<https://github.com/w3c/personalization-semantics/issues/144> actions
  *   CR template - https://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-personalization-tf/2021Sep/0026.html

  *   Modules 2.0 issues<https://github.com/w3c/personalization-semantics/issues?q=is%3Aopen+is%3Aissue+label%3A%222%29+help+module%22> review and next steps for Help and Support Module<https://w3c.github.io/personalization-semantics/help/index.html>

Let me know if there are other items you would like to add.

The  teleconference information can be found at call info - personalization<https://www.w3.org/2017/08/telecon-info_personalization>

Time:

  *   10 am Eastern time
  *    5 pm IS
  *    3 pm UK time

IRC access

An IRC (Internet Relay Chat) channel will be available during the call at: http://irc.w3.org/?channels=personalization


The server is  irc.w3.org<http://irc.w3.org>

The port number is 6665

The channel is #personalization

You can write any name as a nickname

Resources and useful links

  *   Wiki<https://www.w3.org/WAI/ARIA/task-forces/personalization/wiki/>; - this page has links to all out work
  *   mailing list archives<http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-personalization-tf/>
  *   Personalization Semantics 1.0<https://www.w3.org/TR/personalization-semantics-1.0/> (Personalization Semantics 1.0 Editors' Draft<https://w3c.github.io/personalization-semantics/>). See also the Personalization Semantics Task Force GitHub repository<https://github.com/w3c/personalization-semantics/>.
  *   our home page
  *   Web-Based Surveys (WBS)<https://www.w3.org/2002/09/wbs/101569/>;
  *   personalization-semantics source repository issue tracker<https://github.com/w3c/personalization-semantics/issues>.
  *   Scribing and Participation Tips: http://www.w3.org/WAI/PF/wiki/Teleconference_cheat_sheet

  *   Demo: https://github.com/ayelet-seeman/coga.personalisation and  https://rawgit.com/ayelet-seeman/coga.personalisation/demo/conactUs.html


Regards,
Sharon Snider
IBM Design ► IBM Accessibility Leadership Team
(512)965-3957
www.ibm.com/able<https://www.ibm.com/able> and w3.ibm.com/able<https://w3.ibm.com/able>

~WRD0000.jpg
(image/jpeg attachment: _WRD0000.jpg)

Received on Monday, 8 November 2021 16:29:46 UTC

This archive was generated by hypermail 2.4.0 : Monday, 8 November 2021 16:29:48 UTC