Re: i18n-ISSUE-214: Improper use of languageCode

From: Rouslan Solomakhin <rouslan@google.com>
Date: Fri, 2 Sep 2016 09:25:46 -0700
To: r12a <ishida@w3.org>
Cc: Steven Atkin <atkin@us.ibm.com>, www-international@w3.org, Web Payments Working Group <public-payments-wg@w3.org>
On Fri, Sep 2, 2016 at 9:18 AM, r12a <ishida@w3.org> wrote:

> Do you have a particular reason in mind for separating out information
> such as city, region and dependentLocality?

We assume the merchants use 3rd party shipping providers, for example
Shippo. Shippos APIs <https://goshippo.com/docs/first-shipment> require
some sort of structure in order to calculate the shipping price and print a
shipping label. This is quite typical of the shipping service
industry. See EasyPost
API <https://www.easypost.com/getting-started/python.html#step1> for
another example.