From: Hackett, Conor [mailto:Conor.Hackett@worldpay.com]
Sent: 06 July 2016 19:10
To: 'Adrian Hope-Bailie'; Payments WG
Subject: RE: Payment Apps Proposal

Hi Adrian,

This is my first post to the group but I have been working in Worldpay with Nick and Matt on a reference implementation of this spec and have been following this group.

I have had a chance to review the Payment Apps proposal with the following feedback. We can discuss tomorrow at the appropriate time.

4.1 - Do we need to mention versioning of payment apps? For example, what happens when there are multiple versions of the same payment app registered on various user-agents? What if there is incompatibility somewhere in between? Is this a concern?

6.1 - Suggestion, icon could be a struct or multiple members allowing for { icon_regular, icon_list }. A regular sized icon to be displayed in detail view and also a smaller version shown in list views. perhaps regular isn’t an icon and more of a “banner” type image. Similar to app store type listings.

6.2 - Would using .register(“request_url”, empty) to unregister an app cause confusion. Is there a reason .unregister(“request_url”) has not been proposed?

Issue 112 - Recommended payment apps - Should this algorithm consider extra charges applied to certain payment methods. For example, airlines charge extra for credit and certain retailers may apply a surcharge for premium cards. This would be tedious to implement.

6.2

-Issue - Invocation Model: If this is all happening within the user agent, then isn’t Javascript/JSON more lightweight, less complex than HTTP?

- Issue - Registration of native payment apps: Is the user agent agnostic to type of payment application? Should it know if app is native, web based or other? Similar to Payment App Invocation (4.4) should something like this happen during registration to give the payment an opportunity to perform “first run” tasks. If not, I foresee a case where these type of tasks might run during the first payment attempt, and irritate the user if there are errors, thus increasing chances of “cart abandonment”. Propose two events that may work as follows:

- PreRegistrationComplete - User agent has performed initial registration, but will now invoke the payment app and provide an opportunity to initialise itself.

- AppInitComplete(bool) - Payment has completed initialisation with a boolean stating success/failure. User agent takes over and completes/abandons registration.

8.1 - Issue - Display algorithm. Suggest two lists, recommended and enabled. Recommended is first and in alphabetical order for fairness. Possibly merge both lists so the user only sees one list (UI implementation, out of scope?)

Regards,
Conor