Re: Thoughts on Native Payments

On 7/5/16 20:47, Michael[tm] Smith wrote:

> So the lack of extensions support in Chrome for Android would somewhat seem
> to limit the utility of a browser-extension approach as far as solving
> problems for many users on mobile.

I'd look to Google to hear their opinion about whether enabling at least
a subset of Webextensions on their mobile browsers would be easier than
defining and implementing a new native bridge API for payments. My base
assumption is that there's enough shared codebase between desktop and
mobile that re-using the existing technology would be simpler, but
that's purely speculative -- I have no experience with Chrome/Chromium
source code. I'd love to hear from Zach on the topic.

--
Adam Roach
Principal Platform Engineer