Re: New payment method draft

From: Nick Shearer <nshearer@apple.com>
Date: Mon, 04 Jul 2016 21:05:19 +0100
Cc: Mountie Lee <mountie@paygate.net>, "刘大鹏(鹏成)" <max.ldp@alibaba-inc.com>, adrian <adrian@ripple.com>, "Nick.Telford-Reed" <Nick.Telford-Reed@worldpay.com>, public-payments-wg <public-payments-wg@w3.org>
To: Matt Saxon <matt.saxon@gmail.com>
I will say that it seems really confusing for the payment method specific data field to have its own total_fee property, when the payment request itself defines a clear way to provide a total.

It would be good to understand why you feel a separate property is necessary: it appears from the spec total_fee is “the total amount of an order”, which is already supported. I would be very discouraged if every payment method felt it should have its own custom total property.