Re: Transition Request for 3 Payments Specifications

Hi Adrian,

Per our discussion just now on IRC, I will proceed with the publications with the approved short names.

As we discussed:

 * I expect there will be new shortnames coming if we reorganize the documents.
 * If we decide to change the shortname as a result in a future publication, the Webmaster
   will redirect the previous URIs to the new ones.

Therefore, we can evolve our shortname choices as we make progress on the spec organization.

Ian

> On Apr 18, 2016, at 7:49 AM, Ian Jacobs <ij@w3.org> wrote:
>

>> On Apr 18, 2016, at 4:04 AM, Adrian Hope-Bailie <adrian@hopebailie.com> wrote:
>>
>> Hi Ian,
>>
>> What is the process for selecting the short names for these specs?
>
> They were proposed in the draft documents.
>
>> I'm not crazy about the short name "payment-request" for the browser API spec given that we expect to have other specs that will deal with payment requests.
>
> Can you live with it?
>
> Ian

Tel:                       +1 718 260 9447