Re: Transition Request for 3 Payments Specifications

On 04/18/2016 09:12 AM, Ian Jacobs wrote:
>> What is the process for selecting the short names for these specs?
>
> They were proposed in the draft documents.

I didn't think I was agreeing to that shortname and thought better ones
would be selected before publication, for example:

payment-browser-api
payment-methods
payment-method-card

and then:

payment-apps
payment-mediator
payment-http-api
payment-core-messages
payment-method-sepa
payment-method-bitcoin

> * I expect there will be new shortnames coming if we reorganize the
> documents. * If we decide to change the shortname as a result in a
> future publication, the Webmaster will redirect the previous URIs to
>  the new ones.
>
> Therefore, we can evolve our shortname choices as we make progress on
> the spec organization.

This is sloppy. Short names hang out in TR space forever. Let's pick
better ones if we don't like the current ones.

-- manu

Founder/CEO - Digital Bazaar, Inc.
blog: The Web Browser API Incubation Anti-Pattern
http://manu.sporny.org/2016/browser-api-incubation-antipattern/