Re: [BH] First (Very Rought) Outline of Beyond HTTP

On Tuesday 13 May 2003 05:39, Patrick.Hung@csiro.au wrote:
> Based on your XForm example [2], I am <simply/> creating a sample WSDL
> document
> for the registry's "register" service as follows:

Patrick, the service description is true to the scenario, but as I'm not a
WSDL expert, what led you to include the my:Privacy element as a child of
the wsdl:definitions?

Section 2.1.2 states:
  Zero or more namespace qualified element information items
  amongst its [children]. Such element information items MUST be a
  member of one of the element substitution groups allowed at the
  top-level of a WSDL document as described in 6. Language Extensibility.
  http://www.w3.org/TR/2003/WD-wsdl12-20030303/#Definitions_XMLRep

So if I understand the WSDL extension model, we would also have to have our
own schema that includes a redefinition of globalExt or base my:Privacy on
the ExtensibilityElement complexType? (I don't understand this myself yet
and haven't found a good example.)

Also, I presume that our WSDL extension is optional. Privacy is not optional
at the point of solicitation, but since we are saying a WSDL declaration is
(usefully) redundant, I don't think we need to argue that a WSDL processor
must understand our extension to even process the description.