Re: OWL Full Features in QRG (was Re: Issue-104)

WG

I have met with RPI AC today and was instructed that RPI would like to
see the additional OWL vocabulary that is only used in OWL 2 Full in
QRG. The leading rationale is that the QRG should also serve users who
use those terms, especially from the RDF world, and those who have
used them in OWL 1 so that they will not be misled to think those
features are deprecated in OWL 2.

The Additional Vocabulary in OWL 2 Full (as far as I know) is:

http://www.w3.org/2007/OWL/wiki/Talk:Quick_Reference_Guide#Additional_Vocabulary_in_OWL_2_Full

Jie

On Wed, May 6, 2009 at 3:38 PM, Michael Schneider <schneid@fzi.de> wrote:
> Hi Jie!
>
> To repeat what I said in the telco concerning ontology properties: I would
> not mention the term "owl:OntologyProperty" at all in the QRG. I would
> further treat the "ontology properties" (as they are only called in the
> RDF-Based Semantics) as "annotation properties", because they are called so
> in the Structural Spec. (I can see that you have already put them in their
> own table "Annotation Properties for Ontologies", which looks reasonable to
> me, but other people may have other opinions.)
>
> I'm a bit unsure about the other terms. What's the arguments against having
> them just in the normal tables (not in a separate table), and perhaps have
> some small marker tagging them as "for compatibility reasons"?
>
> Michael
>
> Jie Bao wrote:
>
>>OK. Since all the response so far are against including RDF
>>vocabulary, I'm happy to remove them.
>>
>>How about just list the 5 OWL terms:
>>
>>owl:DataRange, owl:distinctMembers, owl:OntologyProperty,
>>owl:DeprecatedClass, owl:DeprecatedProperty
>>
>>And indicate that owl:DataRange is deprecated in OWL 2, but others are
>>not.
>>
>>As to the name of the section, I still prefer "Additional Vocabulary
>>in OWL 2 Full" than the alternative proposal of "Compatibility
>>Vocabulary", because the later may lead some people to think that
>>those terms are not encouraged to use.
>>
>>Jie
>
> --
> Dipl.-Inform. Michael Schneider
> Research Scientist, Dept. Information Process Engineering (IPE)
> Tel  : +49-721-9654-726
> Fax  : +49-721-9654-727
> Email: michael.schneider@fzi.de
> WWW  : http://www.fzi.de/michael.schneider
> FZI Forschungszentrum Informatik an der Universität Karlsruhe
> Haid-und-Neu-Str. 10-14, D-76131 Karlsruhe
> Tel.: +49-721-9654-0, Fax: +49-721-9654-959
> Stiftung des bürgerlichen Rechts, Az 14-0563.1, RP Karlsruhe
> Vorstand: Prof. Dr.-Ing. Rüdiger Dillmann, Dipl. Wi.-Ing. Michael Flor,
> Prof. Dr. Dr. h.c. Wolffried Stucky, Prof. Dr. Rudi Studer
> Vorsitzender des Kuratoriums: Ministerialdirigent Günther Leßnerkraus

Jie Bao
http://www.cs.rpi.edu/~baojie