Re: [LC response] To Richard H. McCullough

On 14 May 2009, at 00:57, Peter F.Patel-Schneider wrote:
[snip]
> I'm with Bijan on this one.  Our next step should be to say that the
> Working Group will not include his proposed changes, and then just
> carry
> the disagreement through the rest of the W3C process.  I do not
> believe
> that there is any chance for a reconcilliation here.

[snip]

Indeed. However, I guess if it would *help* get through the next step
to have more argument (from Sandro's perspective), I guess I can
supply it.

But I do think there is precedent for disregarding obviously kooky
comments. (And the phrase "extension set" is killing me...there is no
such thing. Concepts have extensions which *are* sets.)

BTW, this is an ongoing thing (I've even found some WebOnt stuff by
him!), e.g.,
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/semantic-web/2008Aug/0258.html

Jie, I'm afraid you mislead him a bit (not that's it's hard to do!):
	http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/semantic-web/2008Aug/0259.html

I fall back on my account: syntactically restricted first order
formulae with one free variable :)

(This elides some use/mention issues. And there in lies the real
trouble with use/mention...it's fine to blur them "in standard ways"
until someone decides to make a big deal about it :()