Re: CR comments

On 4 Aug 2009, at 15:31, Sandro Hawke wrote:

>>> The tone of JH1 seems unnecessarily hostile.  Please at least
>>> drop the
>>> paragraph beginning, "Comments during the CR phase..."
>>
>> Isn't there some W3C document that states that comments during CR are
>> supposed to be about implementation, not design?  I seem to remember
>> reading this, but now I can't find the document.
>
> There may be something in that direction,

I think it's more:

"""Reviewers should not send substantive technical reviews late on
the Recommendation track. Reviewers should not expect that a Working
Group will readily make substantive changes to a mature document. The
more evidence a Working Group can show of wide review, the less
weight substantive comments will carry when provided late on the
Recommendation Track. Worthy ideas should be recorded even when not
incorporated into a mature document."""

Basically, later comments lack some punch, but still may be made and
still must be addressed. And we can easily address them! And in a
positive way, for the most part (i.e., direct semantics does what he
wants, deprecation *is* a bit weird but yes the Primer can handle it,
he's just a bit confused about Profiles but easily straightened out
-- though I think more discussion of OWL QL might be helpful, and we
(and rif) have provided more support for builtins than ever has
existed before and provided a path forward for real support of them).

It's mostly clarification. It's also a bit of setting for next
version (e.g., for builtins! I *like* having expressed support for
that :)).

> but it certainly does not
> entitle us to ignore comments on the design:
>
>      Starting with a Last Call review up to the transition to Proposed
>      Recommendation, a Working Group MUST formally address any
>      substantive review comment about a technical report and SHOULD do
>      so in a timely manner.
>             -- http://www.w3.org/2005/10/Process-20051014/tr.html

Plus, AC members can still lodge objections with a lot of weight at
PR transition time.