RE: Editors note in conformance

Hi Ian!

I had again a look at the "Datatype Map Conformance" section with your
explanation in mind. I really think that the text should be reformulated,
because I still understand it in the way as I did before: That a datatype
map conformant reasoner needs to do the right reasoning for the /whole/ OWL
2 Datatype Map.

I think that it should be made clear that, in order to be conformant, it
suffices that all datatype map based reasoning has to comply with the
semantics for the datatypes in the OWL 2 Datatype Map.

With such a clarification it would become clear that an OWL RL reasoner (or
any other reasoner), using only a fraction of the OWL 2 Datatype Map, but
doing correct reasoning at least for those datatypes, is a perfectly
Datatype Map conformant reasoner.

Further, I believe that we can and should then remove the phrase "or an
extension of the OWL 2 Datatype map". Having this phrase isn't probably
really wrong, but I think it is confusing, and it doesn't seem to add
important information. But, perhaps, I got this wrong, too?

Regards,
Michael

--
Dipl.-Inform. Michael Schneider
Tel  : +49-721-9654-726

Haid-und-Neu-Str. 10-14, D-76131 Karlsruhe
Tel.: +49-721-9654-0, Fax: +49-721-9654-959
Stiftung des bürgerlichen Rechts
Az: 14-0563.1 Regierungspräsidium Karlsruhe