Re: Response to Uli and Peter's review on the QRG

On 8 Oct 2008, at 19:01, Jie Bao wrote:

> Hi Peter and Uli
>
> Thank you for the input. Our original approach was to follow the
> strategy taken for the original Semantic Web/OWL Reference Card [1,2],
> which was by design an index page for RDF/OWL vocabularies. The reason
> to have the original card as a starting point is because it has been
> downloaded and used by thousands of people (5000+ download) in the
> past three years, and a large community of users have found it useful.
> The current version of QRG follows [1]'s tradition in informally
> grouping terms in the vocabulary (e.g., into "Concepts" and
> "Properties") with the intention for users to quickly locate those
> terms. Such a grouping is not meant to give a precise definition of
> OWL 2 or to represent the formal semantics (although it attempts to be
> compatible to the semantics documents). Therefore, we have not yet
> spent a great deal of time on the kinds of organizational questions
> you raise.

Hi Jie,

I didn't mean to imply that grouping as such was not helpful -- on the
contrary. I only found the way you grouped and the names you gave for
the groups confusing.

> We will think through how to cluster and name (maybe) the sets of
> terms in ways that would be meaningful to people who would use such a
> card.
> Thank you again for the review - we would appreciate it if you
> would take another look once we have made another pass.

So when i said in today's telecon that i would rather prefer to
comment on the design than on the implementation, i meant that i would
rather comment on a specification of the groups (what is your rational
for making groups? what groups are you going to make?)  than on a
whole re-designed reference card. I would think that this would be
easier and faster for us all. Cheers, Uli