Re: Agenda for teleconference 2008.11.12

On Tue, Nov 11, 2008 at 6:47 PM, Peter F. Patel-Schneider
<pfps@research.bell-labs.com> wrote:
> Some comments on the agenda.
>
> First, the time allotment seems a bit off.  I hope that we will be able
> to get through the "Reviewing and Publishing" section in less than 60
> minutes.
>
> Second, I'm not sure what there is to discuss about rdf:text.  We did
> vote to publish it last week.

Sorry - this was an error of mine. I will adjust the agenda to reflect
it is a discussion of supported datatypes. (got confused because of
the RIF connection).

> Third, there is no proposal related to the "Alignment of functional
> syntax keywords and RDF syntax URIs" accessible from the agenda.
> Without a pointer available by now, I don't think that there can be any
> fruitful discussion this week.  I certainly do not want an open-ended
> discussion of this topic to push out decisions on the remaining
> documents.  I thus propose that this item be moved to after discussion
> of the remaining documents or be eliminated from the agenda entirely.

As discussed at the last meeting there was an action to discuss this
among interested parties and to come up with a proposal. There has
been discussion, some issues have been addressed, and I am waiting for
a concrete proposal to be posted.

> Fourth, I don't see any information or discussion on "permitting some
> specific additional rdf vocabulary in OWL".  Without any information I
> do not think that the topic can be validly discussed this week.

I responded to Bijan's email with further information.

> Fifth, there are proposals to close two of the open issues on the
> list.  I think that these proposals to close should be up for voting.
> Proposal to close ISSUE 56:
>  http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-owl-wg/2008Oct/0080.html
> Proposal to close ISSUE 127:
>  http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-owl-wg/2008Jun/0035.html

These proposals have been discussed since they were first presented.
We have not made a decision to call a vote on them as yet.

Thanks for your comments,

Alan